Some coaches have asked the NHFCS to hold off on certifying rosters because they were still seeking to add some homeschool athletes to their "extremely thin" rosters. Some athletes have joined teams in this past week.
- As of October 1st, the NHFCS will collect and certify rosters for purposes of ascertaining:
While we've not ever confirmed any "post-season stacking" of rosters, it should not be made easy to do, either.
- The primary reason for this accountability is to protect all the teams from scurrilous allegations by providing a simple & uniform manner of providing evidence of an athlete's educational status.
- The NHFCS encourages competing homeschool teams to keep each other accountable by asking for complete & accurate team rosters. Current leagues & conferences are already doing this.
- The line-by-line public affirmation process has helped several teams this year, to silence the unfounded rumors that seem to constantly be whispered.
- Homeschool umbrella programs which rely on home-based studies for 3 or more school days per week, will continue to be regarded as a home education even though the umbrella has a name which sounds like a school. (i.e. Christian Life Academy, Lighthouse Christian Academy, etc.)