The weekly tabulations are coming in to Maxpreps.com, and some significant movement appears to be in store. When the Freeman Scoring gets locked in, tomorrow; some significant realignment will be revealed. Many of the teams are showing a jump in their overall national score.
- The current #1 team, Noblesville Lions, jumped nearly 300 points on their win over Columbus Crusaders (who dropped nearly 100 points).
- Central Virginia and Springfield Lighthouse had the #2 & #4 spots, and may likely stay there, but their wins by forfeit actually resulted in slight drops in their national scores.
- Carolina Pride had a 700 point drop after losing their 2nd contest, yet they may still hold the #3 spot.
- Tulsa NOAH, Maryland Christian, and Troy Defenders all start their seasons this friday, but the national shifts worked in their favor in fractional gains.
- New Creation may jump to the #10 spot after a good win this weekend.
If other teams haven't finished entering their box scores and player stats, Maxpreps will hold off til early Tuesday, before locking in the weekly rankings. The NHFCS will begin to recognize personal stat leaders in the weeks to come, and college scouts will be following the athletes who demonstrate exceptional skill.
Coaches have a moral obligation to give committed athletes the recognition they've earned. Loyalty goes two ways. We hope to see coaching staffs assign the reporting duties to committed people who will accurately and thoroughly acknowledge player and team development. Coaches work tirelessly and deserve far more recognition than they ever get. Most of them are eagerly awaiting dedicated parents to help fill the many tasks that successful management requires. If your favorite team doesn't have a good public relations director, ask if you can help report scores to statewide media and enter stats to all the databases.
For the complete list of Homeschool team rankings, go to nhfcs.org/rankings.html .